Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Best time of the year.



I truely believe that this is the best time of the whole year. Time has changed and the days are shorter. Temperatures have finally dropped and we can enjoy the great outdoors.

I love sleeping with the windows open. Even though we live near the railroad tracks and the train whistles do have a way of ruining a good nights sleep - usually at 2:00 AM or so.

I am working on 3 different craft projects at the same time. One is sewing - one is crochet and one is knitting. All three are for Christmas gifts and if time permits, I have plans to do several more.

There just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to do all I want to do. Working a full time job really gets in the way of my "play time." If it weren't for the paycheck - I would never show up for work. I work in an accounting office and generate payroll checks all week long. Seems that I get to be everybodies "favorite person" - at least on payday ! I leave work most days with a sense of accomplishment eventhough I will be doing the very same thing over again, next week.

The picture above is just one I found on line. I wish I lived near somewhere that looked like that. This part of Texas has very little to offer in the way of landscape beauty. Its just flat and dry here. I wonder some times how on earth I ended up here - after growing up in Colorado. I could have easily moved back up north after my divorce - but by that time my kids and grandkids were all here. Guess I couldn't leave my comfort zone.

1 comment:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I am so ready for it to get cooler! They say that we will be in the 80's this weekend!

Work also gets in my way of play!